Saturday 25 December 1926, Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Enrique Jorrin and Febo Conti.
Hotel Imperial, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1926 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Enrique Jorrin: Cuban composer and musician (d. 1987).
- Febo Conti: Italian TV and radio presenter and actor.
- Enrique Jorrín: Cuban violinist and composer (d. 1987).
- Yoshihito : Japanese emperor, the son of Meiji who reigned only a short nine years.
- Hirohito becomes Emperor of Japan, succeeding the Taisho Emperor.
- Emperor Taisho of Japan dies. His son, Prince Hirohito succeeds him as Emperor Showa.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Lost My Heart in Monterey (When I Found You) - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Tonight You Belong to Me - Franklyn Baur
- Someone is Losin' Susan - Harry Reser's Orchestra
- It Made You Happy When You Made Me Cry - Isham Jones & His Orchestra