Tuesday 25 February 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 25, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jorge Donn and Lee Evans.
It Happened in Brooklyn, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 February 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1947 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Jorge Donn: Dancer, dies after long illness at 45.
- Lee Evans: Madera sports Champions.
- Jacqueline Fraysse: French cardiologist and politician.
- Lewis Moonie: Scottish politician and Member of Parliament, Labour representative, returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Doug Yule: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Velvet Underground and American Flyer).
- Richard French: Canadian businessman and politician.
- Lee Edward Evans in Madera: California, USA; 400-metre runner (Olympics-2 gold-1968).
- Marc Sautet: French philosopher author and academic (d. 1998).
- Eddie Thomson Australian soccer coach (Olyroos: Olympics-1996).
- Brian Burke: Australian politician, formerly a journalist before entering state politics as a Labour MLA in 1973.
- Jorgé Donn: Argentinean dancer and ballet director.
- Giuseppe Betori: Archbishop of Florence.
- Friedrich Paschen: German physicist, dies at age 82.
- The State of Prussia ceases to exist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- How Are Things in Glocca Mora - Buddy Clark
- Heartaches (Victor rec) - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- Open the Door, Richard - Pied Pipers
- Dinah Shore - Anniversary Song