Monday 25 March 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Bloch-Lainé and Jean Vilar.
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1912
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1912 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Loch Lomond - Evan Williams
- Just as My Father Used to Do - Billy Murray
- If You Talk in Your Sleep, Don't Mention My Name - Billy Murray
- The Maids of Cadiz (Les Filles De Cadiz) - Lucy Isabelle Marsh