Thursday 14 March 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include W Graham Claytor and W Willard Wirtz.
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while Their Yesterdays by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1912 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- W Graham Claytor: Jr.
- W Willard Wirtz: American administrator (d. 2010).
- Claude Jeanpierre: Belfort Military man.
- Pierre Wyart: Achicourt EXecutives.
- Cliff Bastin: English footballer (d. 1991).
- Les Brown: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 2001)
- W Claytor: Jr. American lieutenant lawyer and politician 15th United States Secretary of the Navy (d. 1994)
- Charles Van Acker: Belgian-American race car driver (d. 1998)
- W Wirtz: American lawyer and politician 10th United States Secretary of Labor (d. 2010)
- King Vittorio Emanuel III of Rome injured during assassination attempt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Canta Pe' Me (Neapolitan Song) - Enrico Caruso
- Moonlight Bay - American Quartet
- Home, Sweet Home - Alma Gluck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?