Thursday 14 March 1912
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include W Willard Wirtz and W Graham Claytor.
Nicholas Nickleby, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 March 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 March 1912 ?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- Saint Paulina
- Blessed Eve of Liege
- Japan - White Day: Japanese holiday similar to Valentine's Day (men give gifts to women).
- W Graham Claytor: Jr.
- W Willard Wirtz: American administrator (d. 2010).
- Claude Jeanpierre: Belfort Military man.
- Pierre Wyart: Achicourt EXecutives.
- Cliff Bastin: English footballer (d. 1991).
- Les Brown: American saxophonist composer and bandleader (d. 2001).
- W Claytor: Jr.
- Charles Van Acker: Belgian-American race car driver (d. 1998).
- W Wirtz: American lawyer and politician 10th United States Secretary of Labor (d. 2010).
- King Vittorio Emanuel III of Rome injured during assassination attempt.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wallflower Sweet - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- That Haunting Melody - Al Jolson
- The Picnic (Every Laddie Loves a Lassie) - Harry Lauder