Friday 22 March 1912
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Alport and Karl Malden.
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1912 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Lord Alport: .
- Karl Malden: American actor, commercial pitchman, writer, and president of the Motion Picture Academy.
- Henri Rousselot: Admiral, dies at 82.
- Wilfrid Brambell: Irish-English actor (d. 1985).
- Agnes Martin: Canadian-American painter and educator (d. 2004).
- Leslie Johnson: English race car driver (d. 1959)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Picnic (Every Laddie Loves a Lassie) - Harry Lauder
- Wallflower Sweet - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- That Haunting Melody - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?