Tuesday 19 March 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adolf Galland and Russ Case.
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Melting of Molly by Maria Thompson Davies was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1912 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Adolf Galland: German General, considered the best pilot of the Luftwaffe.
- Russ Case: Hamburg, Iowa -- Orchestra leader (Julius La Rosa Show).
- Hugh Watt: Australian-New Zealand engineer and politician Prime Minister of New Zealand (d. 1980).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Picnic (Every Laddie Loves a Lassie) - Harry Lauder
- Wallflower Sweet - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- That Haunting Melody - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?