Sunday 17 March 1912, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bayard Rustin .
Nicholas Nickleby, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1912 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Bayard Rustin: American civil rights activist (d. 1987).
- Camp Fire Girls organization announced by Mrs Luther Halsey Gulick.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1912 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wallflower Sweet - Charles Harrison & Grace Kerns
- That Haunting Melody - Al Jolson
- The Picnic (Every Laddie Loves a Lassie) - Harry Lauder