Thursday 26 March 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian McGeoch and Raymond-Jean Gorel.
The Star Boarder, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 March 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1914 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Ian McGeoch: Vice-Admiral.
- Raymond-Jean Gorel: French military officer, a colonel and treasurer of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Toru Kumon: Japanese mathematician and academic (d. 1995).
- William Westmoreland: Saxon, South Carolina -- Army General (Vietnam era).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Little Grey Home in the West - Charles Harrison
- La Golondrina (The Swallow) - Victor Military Band
- That International Rag - Prince's Orchestra
- All Aboard for Dixieland - American Quartet