Thursday 26 March 1914
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian McGeoch and Raymond-Jean Gorel.
The Mysterious X, directed by Benjamin Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1914 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Ian McGeoch: Vice-Admiral.
- Raymond-Jean Gorel: French military officer, a colonel and treasurer of the Organisation de l'armée secrète (OAS) ["Organisation of the Secret Army"], a short-lived French dissident far-right paramilitary organisation during the Algerian War (1954–62).
- Toru Kumon: Japanese mathematician and academic (d. 1995).
- William Westmoreland: Saxon, South Carolina -- Army General (Vietnam era).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 March 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Aboard for Dixie Land - Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
- Somewhere a Voice is Calling - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?