Tuesday December 26, 1905
US date format: 12/26/1905, UK date format: 26/12/1905
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 26, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Tonzig and Ottaviano Bottini.
The Black Imp, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 26, 1905?
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 26, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Courtship of Barney and Eileen
- Billy Murray - The Irish Girl I Love
- Byron G. Harlan - The Message of the Old Church Bell
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - In My Merry Oldsmobile
- Billy Golden - Turkey in the Straw
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - O Come, All Ye Faithful