Wednesday 27 December 1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilberte Brossolette and Antonio Brivio.
The Black Imp, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1905 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Gilberte Brossolette: French resistant, jouenalist and politician, spouse of Pierre Brossolette.
- Antonio Brivio: Italian race car driver.
- Jacques Loste: Neuilly sur Seine Journalist.
- Cliff Arquette: American actor and comedian (d. 1974).
- M A Noble scores 281 (369 minutes, 21 fours) New South Wales versus Victoria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1905 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- O Come, All Ye Faithful - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Turkey in the Straw - Billy Golden
- In My Merry Oldsmobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Old Church Bell - Byron G. Harlan
- The Irish Girl I Love - Billy Murray
- Courtship of Barney and Eileen - Len Spencer & Ada Jones