Wednesday December 27, 1905
US date format: 12/27/1905, UK date format: 27/12/1905
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 27, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gilberte Brossolette and Antonio Brivio.
The Black Imp, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 27, 1905?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- M A Noble scores 281 (369 minutes, 21 fours) New South Wales versus Victoria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 27, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Courtship of Barney and Eileen
- Billy Murray - The Irish Girl I Love
- Byron G. Harlan - The Message of the Old Church Bell
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - In My Merry Oldsmobile
- Billy Golden - Turkey in the Straw
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - O Come, All Ye Faithful