Wednesday 26 December 1906US date format: 12/26/1906, UK date format: 26/12/1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 26, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Imperio Argentina and Clark M. Clifford.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1906 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Imperio Argentina: Argentinian -Spanish actress and singer (d. 2003).
- Clark M. Clifford: Public Servant.
- The world's first feature film, ''The Story of the Kelly Gang'', is released.
- The Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) immunization for tuberculosis is first developed.
- Richard Oldham argues that the Earth has a molten interior.
- Construction begins on the current Great Mosque of Djenné.
- The Simplo Filler Pen company is founded, later to become the Montblanc Company.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Moon Has His Eyes on You - Ada Jones
- Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game - Len Spencer & Ada Jones