Wednesday December 26, 1906
US date format: 12/26/1906, UK date format: 26/12/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 26, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Imperio Argentina and Clark M. Clifford.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 26, 1906?
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- See more
- The world's first feature film, ''The Story of the Kelly Gang'', is released.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 26, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Jimmie and Maggie at the Ball Game
- Ada Jones - The Moon Has His Eyes on You
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Would You Leave Your Happy Home for Me?