Monday 11 December 1905
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugen Fink and Gilbert Roland [Luis Alonso].
The Night Before Christmas, directed by Diane Paloma Eskenazi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1905 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Gilbert Roland [Luis Alonso]: Juarez, Mexico -- Actor (Juarez, Barbarosa).
- Eugen Fink: German philosopher.
- Koos van: de Griend composer.
- Robert Henriques: English farmer author and broadcaster (d. 1967).
- Gilbert Roland: Mexican/American actor (Armand in Camille), dies at age 88 (born 1905).
- British government of Campbell-Bannerman forms.
- A workers' uprising occurs in Kiev and establishes the Shuliavka Republic.