Thursday 28 December 1905US date format: 12/28/1905, UK date format: 28/12/1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fulvio Bernardini and Earl "Fatha" Hines.
The Black Imp, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1905 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Fulvio Bernardini
- Cliff Arquette: Toledo, Ohio -- Comedian (Charlie Weaver).
- Earl "Fatha" Hines: Duquesne, Pennsylvania -- Jazz pianist (Deep Forest).
- Gajapatairaj Vijaya Ananda the Rajkumar of Vizianagram: India.
- Oscar Andriani: Italian actor who appeared in more than fifty films from 1937 to 1969.
- Antonio Fraguas: Spanish writer, historian, anthropologist and ethnographer.
- New South Wales all out for 805 versus Victoria, win by innings and 253.
- Intercollegiate Athletic Association of US founded (becomes NCAA in 1910).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1905 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- O Come, All Ye Faithful - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Billy Golden - Turkey in the Straw
- In My Merry Oldsmobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Old Church Bell - Byron G. Harlan
- The Irish Girl I Love - Billy Murray
- Courtship of Barney and Eileen - Len Spencer & Ada Jones