Thursday 28 December 1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Arquette and Earl "Fatha" Hines.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1905 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Cliff Arquette: Toledo, Ohio -- Comedian (Charlie Weaver).
- Earl "Fatha" Hines: Duquesne, Pennsylvania -- Jazz pianist (Deep Forest).
- Gajapatairaj Vijaya Ananda the Rajkumar of Vizianagram: India.
- Oscar Andriani: Italian actor who appeared in more than fifty films from 1937 to 1969.
- Antonio Fraguas: Spanish writer, historian, anthropologist and ethnographer.
- New South Wales all out for 805 versus Victoria, win by innings and 253.
- Intercollegiate Athletic Association of US founded (becomes NCAA in 1910).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 December 1905
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1905 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Everybody Works but Father - Billy Murray
- Everybody Works but Father - Lew Dockstader
- The Message of the Old Church Bell - Byron G. Harlan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?