Sunday 17 December 1905
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simo Hayha and Joseph Heifitz.
Konung Haakons mottagning i Kristiania, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
while The Clansman by Thomas Dixon, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1905 ?
- Joseph Heifitz: film director.
- Simo Hayha: Finnish sniper (d. 2002).
- Erico Lopes Verissimo: Brazilian writer (d. 1975).
- Gilbert Auvergne: French Olympic runner, he participated in the 4 x 100-meter relay in the track and field events in Amsterdam at the 1928 games.
- Henri Malartre: French industrialist, the founder of 'Musée de l'automobile Henri-Malartre,' the first automobile museum in France.
- Simo Häyhä: Finnish soldier and sniper (d. 2002).
- Mohammad Hidayatullah: Indian lawyer judge and politician 6th Vice President of India (d. 1992).
- Erico Verissimo: Brazilian author and translator (d. 1975).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1905 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Silent Night, Hallowed Night - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?