Monday 25 December 1905, Christmas
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fernand Gravey and Howard Hughes.
The Black Imp, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1905!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1905 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Fernand Gravey: Belgian/french film actor, made his career in france; played in "duguesclin," "treize a table".
- Howard Hughes: Businessman.
- No?l Adenot: Le Creusot Military man.
- V Herbert / H Blossoms musical Mlle Modiste, premieres in New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1905 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- O Come, All Ye Faithful - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Billy Golden - Turkey in the Straw
- In My Merry Oldsmobile - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Message of the Old Church Bell - Byron G. Harlan
- The Irish Girl I Love - Billy Murray
- Courtship of Barney and Eileen - Len Spencer & Ada Jones