Monday 26 June 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Kempson and Troy Holter.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1944 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Ruth Kempson: Linguist (SOAS).
- Troy Holter: American astrologer and journalist.
- Gennadi Zyuganov: Russian Communist politician and military man, a general who went head to head with Yeltsin for the presidency of Russia.
- Arthur Doyle: American singer-songwriter saxophonist and flute player (d. 2014).
- Wolfgang Weber: German footballer and manager.
- Gennady Zyuganov: Russian colonel and politician
- 2nd British army reaches Grainville-Mouen line
- Yanks, Dodgers and Giants play unique 6 inn game for War Bonds, each playing successive innings, final score Dodgers-5, Yanks-1 and Giants-0
- WWII: American troops enter Cherbourg.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 June 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?