Sunday 11 June 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Horworth and Barry Stevens.
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1944 ?
- Alan Horworth: MP.
- Barry Stevens: British / Netherlands, choreographer (Personals, Young Again).
- James "Ox" D A Van Hoften in Fresno: California, USA; astronaut (STS 41C, STS 51I).
- Roscoe Orman: American actor.
- Helen Fritsch: French-german astrologer, since 2013 chairman of the Deutscher Astrologen-Verband (DAV, German astrologer's association), and first laureate of the "Golden Jupiter" in 2012.
- Alan Howarth: Baron Howarth of Newport English politician Minister for Culture Communications and Creative Industries
- 15 US aircraft carriers attack Japanese bases on Marianas
- 1st Serbian Orthodox cathedral in US, Cathedral of St. Sava, New York City
- KP gang surprise attack on Dome Arnhem jail
- First Serbian Orthodox cathedral in US, Cathedral of Saint Sava, New York City.
- USS Missouri (BB-63) the last battleship built by the United States Navy and future site of the signing of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, is commissioned.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?