Sunday 18 June 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Lansky and Danièle Carre-Cartal.
Went the Day Well?, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1944 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Paul Lansky: Composer.
- Danièle Carre-Cartal: French sommelier, the first woman to receive the 'Best Sommelier of France' award (in 1978).
- MaryEllen Clark: American minor actress for the past 25 years with the stage name of MaryEllen Christie.
- Sandy Posey: American singer.
- Farewell concert of Willem Mengelberg in Paris
- U-767 sinks
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 June 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Straighten Up And Fly Right - Andrews Sisters
- Arsenic And Old Lace - Jerry Jerome
- Behind Those Swinging Doors - Spike Jones
- She Broke My Heart In Three Places - Hoosier Hot Shots
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?