Sunday 18 June 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kara Wilson and Jose Rossi.
Went the Day Well?, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 June 1944 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Danièle Carre-Cartal: French sommelier, the first woman to receive the 'Best Sommelier of France' award (in 1978).
- MaryEllen Clark: American minor actress for the past 25 years with the stage name of MaryEllen Christie.
- Farewell concert of Willem Mengelberg in Paris
- U-767 sinks
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- She Broke My Heart In Three Places - Hoosier Hot Shots
- Behind Those Swinging Doors - Spike Jones
- Arsenic And Old Lace - Jerry Jerome
- Straighten Up And Fly Right - Andrews Sisters
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?