Wednesday 21 June 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Corinna Tsopel and Frans Luitjes.
Bathing Beauty, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1944 ?
- Corinna Tsopel: Athens, Greece -- Actress (Man Called Horse) / Miss Universe (64).
- Frans Luitjes: Dutch athlete.
- Jon Hiseman: Rocker.
- Miguel Danus: Vicens rocker.
- Andy/Roberts Counterpart: American male, the "counterpart" of Jane Roberts as described in her "Seth" books.
- Ray Davies: British musician who organized "The Kinks" in late 1963 with his brother Dave after formerly being billed as "The Ramrods." They built up a following in the London area. Ray was lead singer and electric guitarist, immensely talented and one of rock's champion wackos who would stop a song cold if the audience was not participating enough. The group helped lead the British invasion of American in the '60s, became an arena rock draw in the '70s and enjoyed a popular resurgence in the mid-'80s. Afte
- Tony Scott: English-American director and producer (d. 2012)
- Corinna Tsopei: Greek model and actress Miss Universe 1964
- Jan Bonekamp: Dutch resistance fighter / friend of Hannie Schaft.
- Very heavy bombing on Berlin
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Straighten Up And Fly Right - Andrews Sisters
- Arsenic And Old Lace - Jerry Jerome
- Behind Those Swinging Doors - Spike Jones
- She Broke My Heart In Three Places - Hoosier Hot Shots
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?