Friday 2 June 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marvin Hamlisch and Poul Jensen.
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 June 1944 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Marvin Hamlisch: American composer and conductor (d. 2012).
- Poul Jensen: Denmark -- Yachting (1976, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Garo Yepremian: NFL place kicker (Miami Dolphins).
- Robert Elliott: American actor (d. 2004).
- Generals Eisenhower and Montgomery dine in Portsmouth
- Judendurchgangslager Vught disbands
- WWII: The provisional French government is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'll Be Seeing You - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra)
- Good Night, Wherever You Are - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?