Thursday 15 June 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Inna Ryskai and Jim Blakeley.
Days of Glory, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1944 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Inna Ryskai: USSR -- Volleyball player (1964-76 Olympics - 2 Gold / 2 Silver Medals).
- Jim Blakeley: American design decorator who entered the field in 1970 after completing one year of art school.
- Ange Mancini: French intelligence national coordinator.
- Robert Keppel: American police officer and academic.
- American B-29 Super Fortress bombers based in China begin bombing the Japanese home island of Northern Kyushu.
- US forces begin invasion of Saipan in Pacific.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?