Thursday 29 June 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Busey and Bob Rule.
The Canterville Ghost, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Razor's Edge by W. Somerset Maugham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 June 1944 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Gary Busey: American actor with a roller coaster career and steadily rising credits, intermixed with cocaine, booze and weight problems.
- Bob Rule
- Sean O'Malley: American Roman Catholic bishop.
- Andreu Mas-Colell: Spanish economist academic and politician.
- Seán O'Malley: American cardinal.
- Gary Busey in Goose Creek: Texas, USA; actor (The Buddy Holly Story, A Star in Born).
- Collin Peterson: (Rep-D-Minnesota).
- German counter attack at Caen
- Nazi Paul Touvier shoots 7 Jews dead
- Rommel and von Rundstedt travel to Berchtesgaden
- Soviet Armys join in Bobroesjk
- US 7th army corp conquers Cherbourg
- The Holocaust ampndash The deportation of Hungarian Jews to Auschwitz and other Nazi concentration camps begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Milkman, Keep Those Bottles Quiet - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?