Saturday 26 June 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
The Last Airbender, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ghostbreakers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer or Arsenal of Democracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 26 June 2010 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 June
- Voters in Somaliland take part in a presidential election. (Al Jazeera)
- France is announced as the host of the G8 in 2011. (Xinhua)
- Gunmen raided a jewelry shop Saturday morning in western Iraq, killing four people before fleeing with a large amount of gold in Fallujah, 40 miles (65 kilometers) west of Baghdad. (Arab News)
- The Death toll in unrest in southern Kyrgyzstan rises to 275. (Central Asian News)
- 17 people are killed and 25 others injured when an overcrowded bus collided head-on with a speeding truck near Chenaki More, abount 30 km from Patna, India. (''Thaindian'')
- 2010 G-20 Toronto summit
- Over one hundred people are arrested for planning to ampquotcommit mischiefampquot. (CBC)
- Mostly peaceful protesters march through Toronto while a small amount of radicals smash shopfronts and burn police cars. (Reuters via ABC Australia)
- President of China Hu Jintao accepts an invitation for a state visit from President of the United States Barack Obama. (BBC)
- The G8 releases a statement agreeing that Israel's blockade on Gaza is ampquotnot sustainable and must be changedampquot and calling for United Nations Security Council Resolution 1860, which was approved by the United Nations Security Council in January 2009, to be implemented. (Al Jazeera)
- A Toronto veterinarian, who has no involvement in activism, alleges ampquotoverreach of police powerampquot after being awoken at night by police in his bedroom at gunpoint they did not produce a search warrant, questioned his wife and disturbed their baby son before dragging him downstairs in handcuffs onto his own front lawn. He was later released and filed a complaint. (''National Post'')
- The Vatican's Secretary of State Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone criticizes Belgian police participating in raids against child sex abuse. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people demonstrate in Taiwan against a trade agreement with China to be signed on Tuesday. (Radio Television Hong Kong)
- Several thousand Egyptians, joined by opposition leader Mohamed ElBaradei, protest systematic use of torture by authorities in the largest demonstration yet resulting from the alleged fatal beating to death of Khaled Said by police. (''Arab News'')
- Thousands of Iranians in Paris ask the UN to tighten its sanctions on Iran. (Euronews)
- Four people are killed and five wounded in violence in Indian-administered Kashmir's Sopore area. (CNN)
- Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva cancels his trip to Canada due to the widespread floods. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Alleged Agrigento mafia boss Giuseppe Falsone is arrested in Marseille in the south of France after spending 10 years on the run. (BBC)
- Four American service personnel are killed in Afghanistan. (CNN)
- Former Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney, who has a long history of heart problems, is hospitalized. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?