Wednesday 28 April 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 28, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harper Lee and Micheline Boudet.
Brown of Harvard, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 April 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1926 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Harper Lee: American author of the 1961 Pulitzer Prize novel "To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Micheline Boudet: Metz Actor.
- Bill Blackbeard: American historian and author (d. 2011).
- Hulusi Sayın: Turkish general (d. 1991).
- Zip the Pinhead: American freak show performer (Born 1857).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Love My Baby - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- That Certain Feeling - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Only a Rose - Carolyn Thompson