Thursday 27 August 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willy "Mink" Deville [Borsay] and Charlie Farren.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Island in the Sky, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Led 3 Lives.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1953 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Willy "Mink" Deville [Borsay]: US blues / rock singer (Hey! Joe).
- Charlie Farren: American musician turned private citizen, Farren was once the lead singer, writer, and a guitarist for the Joe Perry Project and Farrenheit, popular rock bands of the 1980s.
- Peter Stormare: Swedish-born actor.
- Alex Lifeson: Toronto, Ontario -- Rock guitarist (Rush).
- Tom Berryhill: American businessman and politician.
- Joan Smith: English journalist and author
- Nicolai Berezowsky: Composer, dies at 53.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?