Tuesday 5 April 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 5, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Fast Five, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Social Animal by David Brooks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Babysitter's a Vampire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabals: Magic & Battle Cards or don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 April 2011 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 April
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Forces loyal to Alassane Ouattara claim to have captured Laurent Gbagbo's Presidential Palace in Abidjan. (BBC)
- Alcide Djédjé, the Foreign Minister claims that Gbagbo's forces have laid down their arms and he is negotiating with Ouattara over the terms of surrender. (CNN)
- 1,000 students protest at Kabul University as protests continue in Afghanistan over the burning of a Qur'an ampquotfound guiltyampquot by pastor Terry Jones' church in the U.S. state of Florida. (CNN)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Amid ongoing protests, Syria opposition says Assad wants talks (Haaretz)
- The whereabouts of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei remain undetermined 48 hours after his disappearance as the U.S., France, Germany, Britain and Amnesty International ask that he be released immediately. (Al Jazeera)
- A public civil partnership between a same-sex couple takes place in Dublin, the first time this has happened in Ireland. (''The Irish Times'')
- Sathya Sai Baba is reported to be in a critical condition as thousands of followers gather outside the hospital. (news.com.au)
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb cancels performances in Brazil due to abdominal pains. (BBC)
- Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus loses his final appeal in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh against his dismissal from his own Grameen micro-finance bank the bank thought him too old for the job. (BBC)
- Rebels against the Gaddafi regime in Libya have begun to export oil. (BBC)
- The United States Federal Trade Commission considers taking antitrust action against Google. (Bloomberg)
- Wayne Swan, the Treasurer of Australia, advises that he is inclined to reject a proposed merger of the Australian Stock Exchange and the Singapore Stock Exchange. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Texas Instruments announces plans to buy long-time rival National Semiconductor, in a transaction that would consolidate the market for analog chips. (''The Guardian'')
- Cuba and its partners announce plans to drill for oil in Cuban waters in the Gulf of Mexico. (AP via ''Boston Globe'')
- Fukushima I nuclear accidents
- Japan sets a maximum level of radiation for fish after a catch from Ibaraki prefecture is found with a high level of radioactive iodine from the nuclear accidents. (AP)
- Japan defends dumping of water with low level radiation from the accidents in the Pacific Ocean following criticism from South Korea and Russia. (Kyodo)
- For over 50 days, the Libyan city of Misrata has been shelled by artillery, tanks, and snipers, and for over 20 days has had its water intentionally shut off by Muammar Gaddafi's forces. As supplies run short, hundreds of thousands are at risk of death. (Euronews)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 April 2011
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Reading - Preston : 2 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Histon - Rushden & D : 0 - 2
- Luton - Kettering Town : 2 - 2
- Mansfield - Southport : 2 - 2
- Newport County - Darlington : 2 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Ross County : 2 - 1
- Morton - Stirling : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Brechin - Airdrie Utd : 1 - 2
- Forfar - Ayr : 3 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Down On Me - Jeremih Featuring 50 Cent
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- El Padrino - Joan Sebastian
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- No Me Digas Que No - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Wisin & Yandel
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- The Cave - Mumford & Sons
- Help Is On The Way - Rise Against
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Country Song - Seether
- Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom) - Shinedown
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- The Black Keys - Howlin' For You
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $42.62
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $98.30
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $85.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.37
- 1 CHF = 7.0665 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.787 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9599 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.754 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?