Tuesday 5 April 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Insidious, directed by James Wan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steins;Gate.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match or Catherine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 5 April 2011 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 April
- 2010–2011 Ivorian crisis:
- Forces loyal to Alassane Ouattara claim to have captured Laurent Gbagbo's Presidential Palace in Abidjan. (BBC)
- Alcide Djédjé, the Foreign Minister claims that Gbagbo's forces have laid down their arms and he is negotiating with Ouattara over the terms of surrender. (CNN)
- 1,000 students protest at Kabul University as protests continue in Afghanistan over the burning of a Qur'an ampquotfound guiltyampquot by pastor Terry Jones' church in the U.S. state of Florida. (CNN)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- Amid ongoing protests, Syria opposition says Assad wants talks (Haaretz)
- The whereabouts of Chinese artist Ai Weiwei remain undetermined 48 hours after his disappearance as the U.S., France, Germany, Britain and Amnesty International ask that he be released immediately. (Al Jazeera)
- A public civil partnership between a same-sex couple takes place in Dublin, the first time this has happened in Ireland. (''The Irish Times'')
- Sathya Sai Baba is reported to be in a critical condition as thousands of followers gather outside the hospital. (news.com.au)
- Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb cancels performances in Brazil due to abdominal pains. (BBC)
- Nobel laureate Muhammad Yunus loses his final appeal in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh against his dismissal from his own Grameen micro-finance bank the bank thought him too old for the job. (BBC)
- Rebels against the Gaddafi regime in Libya have begun to export oil. (BBC)
- The United States Federal Trade Commission considers taking antitrust action against Google. (Bloomberg)
- Wayne Swan, the Treasurer of Australia, advises that he is inclined to reject a proposed merger of the Australian Stock Exchange and the Singapore Stock Exchange. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Texas Instruments announces plans to buy long-time rival National Semiconductor, in a transaction that would consolidate the market for analog chips. (''The Guardian'')
- Cuba and its partners announce plans to drill for oil in Cuban waters in the Gulf of Mexico. (AP via ''Boston Globe'')
- Fukushima I nuclear accidents
- Japan sets a maximum level of radiation for fish after a catch from Ibaraki prefecture is found with a high level of radioactive iodine from the nuclear accidents. (AP)
- Japan defends dumping of water with low level radiation from the accidents in the Pacific Ocean following criticism from South Korea and Russia. (Kyodo)
- For over 50 days, the Libyan city of Misrata has been shelled by artillery, tanks, and snipers, and for over 20 days has had its water intentionally shut off by Muammar Gaddafi's forces. As supplies run short, hundreds of thousands are at risk of death. (Euronews)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 5 April 2011
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Reading - Preston : 2 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Histon - Rushden & D : 0 - 2
- Luton - Kettering Town : 2 - 2
- Mansfield - Southport : 2 - 2
- Newport County - Darlington : 2 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Cowdenbeath - Ross County : 2 - 1
- Morton - Stirling : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Brechin - Airdrie Utd : 1 - 2
- Forfar - Ayr : 3 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?