Saturday 27 February 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Frann in Saint Louis and Michael Grossman.
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1943 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Mary Frann in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actress (Joanna - Newhart, Days of Our Lives).
- Michael Grossman: American theater director.
- Mary Frann: American actress (Born 1943).
- Morten Lauridsen: American composer and conductor.
- Carlos Parreira: Brazilian footballer and manager.
- Kostis Palamas: Greek poet, twice nominated for the Nobel prize (Born 1859).
- The Rosenstrasse protest starts in Berlin
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 February 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?