Sunday 15 January 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 15, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sir Eric Willis and Albert Garrigues.
Foolish Wives, directed by Erich von Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1922!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1922 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Sir Eric Willis: Australian politician (d. 1999).
- Albert Garrigues: Puymirol EXecutives.
- Eric Willis: Australian sergeant and politician 34th Premier of New South Wales (d. 1999).
- Irish Free State forms; Michael Collins becomes first premier.
- Michael Collins becomes Chairman of the Irish Provisional Government.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet - My Sunny Tennessee
- Arkansas Blues - Noble Sissle & Eubie Blake
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - Isham Jones & His Orchestra