Tuesday 27 March 2007US date format: 3/27/2007, UK date format: 27/3/2007
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Glamorous by Fergie.
In UK Give It To Me by Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado was in the top 5 hits.
Disturbia, directed by D.J. Caruso, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Heyday by Kurt Andersen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Blood Ties.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4x4 Hummer or Combat Mission: Shock Force.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 2007!
Which were the important events of 27 March 2007 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 March
- Paul Lauterbur: American chemist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2007).
- More than ninety people are burnt to death after a fire following a petrol spill in Kaduna State, Nigeria. (All Africa)
- The village of Um el-Nasser in the Gaza Strip is flooded with sewage after the wall of a sewage pond gives way resulting in at least four deaths. (Washington Post)
- Heavy flooding after several days of heavy rain in Hispaniola have resulted in 11 people dying and thousands of people being evacuated in Haiti and the Dominican Republic. (BBC)
- A 12-km stretch of the Rhine River near Cologne, Germany is closed to shipping following the loss of 31 containers from a container ship with 200 ships backed up. (Washington Post)
- Iraq War:
- Suicide car bombings kill at least 55 people and injure 120 in Tal Afar. (ABC News Australia)
- The United States Senate votes 50-48 to set a deadline for withdrawal from the war in Iraq as part of a measure providing continuing funding. (AFP via New Straits Times)
- United States District Court Judge Thomas Hogan dismisses a case of alleged torture against former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld brought by nine former prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan. (USA Today)
- Taiwan unveils an upgraded version of their Ching-kuo fighter aircraft called the Hsung Ying made by the Aerospace Industrial Development Corporation. (AFP via News Limited)
- The Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert and the President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas agree to limited biweekly peace talks. (New York Times)
- The Blair Government introduces legislation into the Parliament of the United Kingdom to facilitate a power-sharing agreement in Northern Ireland between Ian Paisley's Democratic Unionist Party and Sinn Féin. (BBC)
Sport Games on 27 March 2007
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Weymouth : 1 - 0
- Altrincham - Stafford Rangers : 0 - 1
- Crawley Town - Woking : 0 - 0
- Forest Green - Exeter : 2 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Arbroath - East Stirling : 3 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Rotherham - Blackpool : 1 - 0
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Shrewsbury - Rochdale : 3 - 0
- Wycombe - Bristol Rvs : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in March 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fergie - Glamorous
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Rich Boy - Throw Some D's
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- What Goes Around…Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Musiq Soulchild - Buddy
- Mims - This Is Why I'm Hot
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I'm A Flirt - R. Kelly Or Bow Wow (Featuring T.I. & T-Pain)
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Last Night - Diddy Featuring Keyshia Cole
- Throw Some D's - Rich Boy Featuring Polow Da Don
- Go Getta - Young Jeezy Featuring R. Kelly
Top #10 Latin songs
- La Llave De Mi Corazon - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Lo Agradezco, Pero No - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Shakira
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Manda Una Senal - Mana
- Ese - Conjunto Primavera
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Igual Que Ayer - RKM & Ken-Y
- Un Idiota Como Yo - Duelo
- Amar Es Lo Que Quiero - David Bisbal
- Cada Vez Que Pienso En Ti - Los Creadorez del Pasito Duranguense de Alfredo Ramirez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Timbaland featuring Nelly Furtado - Give It To Me
- Mark Ronson featuring Daniel Merriweather - Stop Me
- Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend
- (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles - The Proclaimers featuring Brian Potter & Andy Pipkin
- Beyonce & Shakira - Beautiful Liar
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The move is part of a broad effort to cut costs and streamline the bank’s unwieldy global operations. [..]
Testimony has offered new insights into the hands-on style of the chief executive of the WPP Group, and the strong feelings it has sometimes produced. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $75.01
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $102.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.19
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.20
- 1 CAD = 1.0481 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.98 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9347 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.384 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?