Friday 27 July 1928
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Grynfogel and Louis Cabo.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1928 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Maurice Grynfogel
- Sakari Mononen: Composer.
- Louis Cabo: Belgian boxer.
- Joseph Kittinger: American colonel and pilot.
- Karloff Lagarde: Mexican professional wrestler (Born 1928).
- AVRO, General Vereniging Radio Omroep, forms
- Tich Freeman becomes the only bowler ever to take 200 first-class wickets before the end of July.