Tuesday 27 June 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 27, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chuck Robb and Rahul Dev Burman.
On Borrowed Time, directed by Harold S. Bucquet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 June 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1939 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- Chuck Robb: Politician.
- Rahul Dev Burman: Indian composer and actor (d. 1994).
- R Burman: Indian film score composer, who is considered one of the seminal music directors of the Indian film industry.
- Neil Hawke: Australian cricketer and footballer (Born 1939).
- 1st night game at Cleveland Municipal Stadium (Indians 5, Tigers 0)
- Brooklyn Dodgers tie Boston Braves, 2-2, in 23 innings