Wednesday 27 July 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Isabelle Aubret and Gary Gygax.
Booloo, directed by Clyde E. Elliott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 July 1938 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Isabelle Aubret: French singer, who won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1962 representing France and singing "Un premier amour" (A first love) with music composed by Claude-Henri Vic and lyrics by Roland Stephane Valade.
- Gary Gygax: American role-playing game creator (Dungeons & Dragons) (d. 2008).
- Pierre Christin
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?