Friday 27 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 27, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François-Marie Banier and Francisca "Cisca" Beaudoux.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1947 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- François-Marie Banier: French novelist, gigolo, playwright, artist, actor and photographer.
- Francisca "Cisca" Beaudoux: Actress (2 Under a Cap).
- Gabriella Dorio: Italian Gold Medal winner in the women's 1500 meter race, Los Angeles Olympics in 1984.
- WRC TV channel 4 in Washington DC (NBC) begins broadcasting
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark