Saturday 27 November 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Like A G6 by Far*East Movement.
Tangled, directed by Nathan Greno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Last Boy by Jane Leavy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A.R.E.S. Extinction Agenda or Lego Harry Potter: Years 1–4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 November 2010!
Which were the important events of 27 November 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 November
- Irvin Kershner: American actor director and producer (d. 2010).
- Seven people are killed after steel box girders used for building an overpass overturn in Nanjing, China. (Xinhua via ''Shanghai Daily'')
- Christians flee from their homes in Saeedabad, Karachi, following violence sparked by a Muslim-Christian marriage. (''Daily India'')
- Shelling of Yeonpyeong:
- North Korea accuses South Korea of using ampquothuman shieldsampquot during the incident. (BBC)
- International diplomats work to ease hostilities in the Korean Peninsula, after North Korea warned of unpredictable ampquotconsequencesampquot if the United States deploys an aircraft carrier to the Yellow Sea. (Voice of Russia)
- A senior United Nations official, Vijay Nambiar, meets with Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi in Yangon. (Reuters)
- Somali-born teenager Mohamed Osman Mohamud is arrested in Portland, Oregon, for allegedly plotting a bombing attack on a Christmas tree lighting ceremony. (BBC)
- At least three people die in protests in the Ivory Coast over a curfew imposed ahead of the second round of the Ivorian presidential election. (BBC)
- Hundreds of Pakistani Muslims demonstrate in Lahore against a potential pardon for a Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam. (news.com.au)
- Côte d'Ivoire President Laurent Gbagbo declares a curfew, amid clashes that killed three people ahead of the second round of the presidential election on Sunday. (IOL)
- Two Japanese ministers are censured by the House of Councillors over a territorial dispute with China. (''Straits Times'')
- Voters in the Australian state of Victoria go to the polls for the state election. (ABC News)
- Ed Miliband launches a two-year review of British Labour Party policy, saying that the Party must move beyond New Labour and calling on activists to make it the ampquotPeople's Partyampquot again. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people march through Dublin in protest at the Irish government's austerity measures. (BBC)
- Icelanders vote for the creators of a new constitution. (AP via MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 November 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Juventus - Fiorentina : 1 - 1
- Sampdoria - Milan : 1 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Charleroi : 4 - 1
- Cercle Brugge - Germinal : 1 - 1
- Standard - Lierse : 7 - 0
- Westerlo - Eupen : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Ein Frankfurt : 4 - 1
- Dortmund - M'gladbach : 4 - 1
- Hamburg - Stuttgart : 4 - 2
- Hannover - Freiburg : 3 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Augsburg : 1 - 3
- Hertha - Duisburg : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?