Monday 10 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lawrence Pressman and Ahmet Taner K?slal?.
Bachelor Mother, directed by Garson Kanin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1939 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Lawrence Pressman: Kentucky, United States -- Actor (Man From Atlantis, Hellstrom Chronicle).
- Ahmet Taner K?slal?: Turkish politician, journalist, and educator (d. 1999).
- Gary Dunford: American-Canadian journalist, a reporter for the Toronto Sun News.
- George Estregan: Filipino film actor.
- Victor Espadinha: Portuguese actor and singer.
- Phil Kelly: Irish-English footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- Ahmet Kışlalı: Turkish political scientist journalist and educator (d. 1999)
- Mavis Staples: American singer (The Staple Singers)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?