Thursday 28 December 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nelly Landry and Noel Johnson British actor (Frenzy.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, directed by Stuart Paton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1916 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Nelly Landry: Belgian tennis player, she became French citizen after marriage with player Pierre Landry.
- Noel Johnson British actor (Frenzy: Frightmare, Royal Flash).
- Eduard Strauss Austrian composer (318 dances): dies at age 81.