Thursday 28 December 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nelly Landry and Noel Johnson British actor (Frenzy.
Az ezredes, directed by Mihály Kertész, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1916 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Nelly Landry: Belgian tennis player, she became French citizen after marriage with player Pierre Landry.
- Noel Johnson British actor (Frenzy: Frightmare, Royal Flash).
- Eduard Strauss Austrian composer (318 dances): dies at age 81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?