Friday 28 December 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Deva and Dwight Bement.
Strangler of the Swamp, directed by Frank Wisbar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Casper the Friendly Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1945 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Birendra Bir Bikram Shah Deva: King of Nepal (1972- ).
- Dwight Bement: rocker (Gary Puckett and Union Gap - "Young Girl").
- Max Hastings: British editor-in-chief (Daily Telegraph).
- Birendra of: Birendra of Nepal (d. 2001).
- Theodore Dreiser: American writer, a realistic novelist who interpreted life frankly.
- Congress officially recognizes Pledge of Allegiance
- The United States Congress officially recognizes the Pledge of Allegiance.