Thursday January 28, 1915
US date format: 1/28/1915, UK date format: 28/1/1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 28, 1915). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Nien Cheng .
The Italian, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 28, 1915?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- US Coast Guard created from Life Saving and Revenue Cutter services.
- US President Wilson refuses to prohibit immigration of illiterates.
- An act of the U.S. Congress creates the United States Coast Guard.
- Nien Cheng: Chinese-born American writer (d. 2009).
- Nikolay Umov: Russian physicist and mathematician (d....
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 28, 1915?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peerless Quartet - He's a Rag Picker
- Arthur Fields - Poor Pauline
- Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells - Chinatown, My Chinatown