Thursday 28 January 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nien Cheng .
The Italian, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 January 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1915 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Nien Cheng: Chinese-born American writer (d. 2009).
- Nikolay Umov: Russian physicist and mathematician (d. 1915).
- 1st US ship lost in WWI, William P Frye (carrying wheat to UK)
- US Coast Guard created from Life Saving and Revenue Cutter services.
- US President Wilson refuses to prohibit immigration of illiterates.
- An act of the U.S. Congress creates the United States Coast Guard.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet