Tuesday 28 December 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Primo Sentimenti and Rodrigo Carazo Odio.
Sign Them Papers, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1926 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Rodrigo Carazo Odio: President of Costa Rica from 8 May 1978 to 8 May 1982.
- Primo Sentimenti: Italy sport Champion.
- Donald Carr: German-English cricketer and referee.
- Donna Hightower: American singer-songwriter (d. 2013).
- Gökşin Sipahioğlu: Turkish photographer and journalist (d. 2011).
- Ponsford scores 352 and Ryder 295 against New South Wales
- Victoria all out for 1107 against NSW at the MCG Crowd 22,348
- Imperial Airways begins England-India mail and passenger service.
- Arthur Mailey takes 4-362 off 64 overs (no maidens) New South Wales versus Victoria in cricket.