Tuesday 28 January 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Alda and Albert Rouet.
Rose-Marie, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 January 1936 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Alan Alda: American actor, scriptwriter and director, a popular star from 1972.
- Albert Rouet: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Poitiers since 1994 and archbishop of the same episcopal see since 2002.
- Robert Suderburg: Composer.
- Bill Jordan: British trade unionist.
- Alan Alda [Alphonso D'Abruzzo] in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Hawkeye Pierce - M*AS*H).
- Ismail Kadare: Albanian author and poet.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?