Wednesday June 28, 1939
US date format: 6/28/1939, UK date format: 28/6/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 28, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include William Eggleston .
On Borrowed Time, directed by Harold S. Bucquet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 28, 1939?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Joe Louis TKOs Tony Galent in 4 for heavyweight boxing title
- Pan Am opens southern route transatlantic air service (Dixie Clipper)
- William Eggleston: Photographer.
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial