Sunday October 28, 1906
US date format: 10/28/1906, UK date format: 28/10/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 28, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Whitney Griswold .
Getting Evidence, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 28, 1906?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- See more
- Belgian-British Union Minstry of Haut-Katanga begins
- Alfred Whitney Griswold: Educator.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 28, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - I Don't KNow Where I'm Goin', but I'm on My Way
- DeWolf Hopper - Casey at the Bat
- Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet) - While the Old Mill Wheel is Turning
- Harry Anthony - Love Me and the World is Mine
- Billy Murray - Is Your Mother in, Molly Malone?