Sunday 28 October 1906US date format: 10/28/1906, UK date format: 28/10/1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 28, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Whitney Griswold .
Getting Evidence, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 October 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1906!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1906 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Belgian-British Union Minstry of Haut-Katanga begins
- The Union Minière du Haut Katanga, a Belgian mining trust, is created in the Congo.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1906 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Is Your Mother in, Molly Malone? - Billy Murray
- Love Me and the World is Mine - Harry Anthony
- While the Old Mill Wheel is Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Casey at the Bat - DeWolf Hopper
- I Don't KNow Where I'm Goin', but I'm on My Way - Arthur Collins