Tuesday 28 November 1905
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 28, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Beauty and the Beast, directed by Diane Paloma Eskenazi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 November 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1905!
Which were the important events of 28 November 1905 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 November
- Irish nationalist Arthur Griffith founds Sinn Fein as a political party with the main aim of establishing a dual monarchy in Ireland.
- A bomb kills Frank Steunenberg, ex-governor of Idaho the case leads to a trial against leaders of the Western Federation of Miners.
- First performance of Franz Lehár's operetta ''The Merry Widow'', at the Theater an der Wien, Vienna.
- Women are given the vote and admitted to the practice of law in Queensland.
- Workers' compensation is introduced in Queensland.
- The title Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is officially recognized by King Edward VII.
- Pathé Frères colors black and white films by machine.
- ''Huckleberry Finn'' and ''Tom Sawyer'' are banned from the Brooklyn Public Library for setting a ampquotbad example.ampquot
- Alfred Einhorn introduces novocaine.
- Wolves become extinct in Japan.
- Civil service examinations are abolished in China.
- Germany insists on an international conference on the Moroccan question.
- Max Weber publishes ''Die Protestantische Ethik und der Geist des Kapitalismus''.