Wednesday 29 April 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Williamson and Jack [Stewart] Williamson US.
Long Distance Wireless Photography, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1908 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jack Williamson: American writer, noted as being the pioneer writer of sci-fi as a legitimate academic subject.
- Jack [Stewart] Williamson US: sci-fi author (Firechild, Golden Blood, Cometeers).
- Philippe Brun: jazz trumpeter.
- Louis Allais: Chalons sur Marne Military man.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Dream Waltz - Victor Orchestra
- Carmen - Toreador Song - Alan Turner