Tuesday 29 April 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Laurence Miller and John[ny Laurence] Miller in San Francisco.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Lydia Bailey by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1947 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- John Laurence Miller: San Francisco, California -- Golfer (US Open 1973, British Open 1976).
- John[ny Laurence] Miller in San Francisco: California, USA; golfer (US Open 1973, 1974 PGA Player of the Year, British Open 1976).
- Jacob Holdt: Danish photographer, global vagabond, maker of the "American Pictures" book and traveling slideshow that documents racism and poverty.
- Tommy James: American musician, singer, songwriter and guitarist and leader of his group Tommy James and the Shondells.
- Johnny Miller: American golfer, the world's hottest in the mid-'70s.
- James Ryun: American track & field champion and politician, who was a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from 1996 to 2007, representing the 2nd District in Kansas.
- John Miller: San Francisco sports Champions
- Serge Bernier: Canadian ice hockey player
- Joey Levine: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Third Rail and Ohio Express)
- Jim Ryun: United States -- 1500m runner / broke 4 minute mile (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist)
- Irving Fisher: American economist and statistician (d. 1947).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?