Sunday April 29, 1906
US date format: 4/29/1906, UK date format: 29/4/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 29, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Enrico Mattei .
The Last Witch, directed by John B. Dolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 29, 1906?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- See more
- Enrico Mattei: Italian industrialist who was one of the...
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 29, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harry Tally - On an Automobile Afternoon
- Richard Jose - When You and I Were Young, Maggie
- Harry Macdonough - If a Girl Like You Loved a Boy Like Me
- Billy Murray - Just a Little rocking Chair and You
- Harry Macdonough - When the Mocking Birds are Singing in the Wildwood