Saturday 29 August 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jules Joire and Pierre Matras.
The Call of the North, directed by Oscar Apfel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1914!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1914 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Jules Joire: French military aviator in World War II, a sub-lieutenant, awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Pierre Matras: Valence Military man.
- Machagovsky: Russian General (Tannenberg), dies in battle.
- 4th day of Tannenberg: Russian Narev-army panics, General Martos caught
- Arizonian is 1st vessel to arrive in SF via Panama Canal
- Battle at St. Quentin: French counter attack under General Lanrezac
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1914
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- You Planted a Rose in the Garden of Love - Henry Burr
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?