Thursday 29 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 29, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chester Himes and Georgy Mushel.
Psyche, directed by Posing Productions, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 July 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1909 ?
- Chester Himes: American-Spanish author (d. 1984).
- Georgy Mushel: Composer.
- John Haigh: British thief, forger and fraud for financial gain.
- Malcolm Lowry: Poet.
- Henri Mirambeau: Montauban Military man.
- Samm Baker: American author (d. 1997).
- Marcel Vandernotte: French rower who competed in the 1932 Summer Olympics and in the 1936 Summer Olympics.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Will Oakland
- Nobody Knows, Nobody Cares - Harvey Hindermyer
- The Yama Yama Man - Ada Jones & Victor Light Opera Co.
- Isn't Love a Grand Old Thing? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Uncle Josh's Trip to Coney Island - Cal Stewart & Len Spencer