Thursday 29 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georgy Mushel and John Haigh.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 29 July 1909 ?
- Georgy Mushel: Composer.
- John Haigh: British thief, forger and fraud for financial gain.
- Marcel Vandernotte: French rower who competed in the 1932 Summer Olympics and in the 1936 Summer Olympics.
- Henri Mirambeau: Montauban Military man.
- Samm Baker: American author (d. 1997).
- Chester Himes: American-Spanish author (d. 1984)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?