Monday 19 July 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeno Vecsey and Pierre Alleene.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Silver Horde by Rex Beach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1909 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Jeno Vecsey: Composer.
- Pierre Alleene: French champion weightlifter.
- Lucien Lautrec: France Painter.
- Balamani Amma: Indian poet and author (d. 2004).
- Cleveland shortstop Neal Ball executes an unassisted triple play
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Yip-I-Addy-I-Aye - Blanche Ring
- Beautiful Eyes - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?