Thursday 15 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Hamburger and Albert Prouvost.
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1909 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Jean Hamburger: French doctor of nephrology and President of the Academy of Science.
- Albert Prouvost
- Georges Verriest: French soccer player.
- Jean Ferrandon: Bernay Military man.
- Bernard Fievet: Versailles EXecutives.
- Isabel Jewell: Shoshone, Wyoming -- Actress (Ceiling Zero, Arousers).
- Enid Kathleen Hutchinson: Adult educationalist.
- Ty Cobb hits 2 inside-the-park HRs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?